Match Reports Saturday 1st December 2012

Match Reports Saturday 1st December 2012

Bridgend Mens 1st XI – 7
Cirencester – 2

Having gained a great draw at Chippenham the previous weekend, bottom of the table Cirencester faced the Ravens at Pencoed, with the home side looking to gain a much needed three points. This was the classic game of two halves, with the first half seeing Bridgend struggle to keep any decent possession, or create any notable chances. The visitors took the lead, before the home side equalised. Despite the Cirencester goalkeeper getting a deserved yellow card, it was the half time break that was the turning point, as Bridgend really turned the screw in the second half. A few changes and a rousing half time team talk saw The Ravens totally controlled matters after the break, running out winners by 7 goals to 2, thanks to David Knight 2, Richard Knight 2, Rhys Owen 2 and a goal from Nick Anthony in what was a complete performance against a team who have long been close rivals. This result takes Bridgend into second place, just one point behind leaders Cardiff. Next up for Bridgend is Lansdown away on saturday.
Bridgend 3rd X1  – 0
Llan and Caerphilly – 2  
Fielding a much changed side, Bridgend were soon put under pressure from the stronger and more experienced Llan and Caerphilly side, who took the lead after ten minutes after some early good skirmishes into the opposition’s half by Bridgend. Although the defence put in some useful tackles thanks to the hard work put in by Alasdair Brown, Ian Smith, John Thomas and Steve Sloan, they were split by a swift attack from Llanishen, exposing skipper and goalkeeper Cliff Harrison who was unable to keep the ball out of his net.Bridgend tried hard through midfield maestro Jon Wilks, aided by John Woodward, Mike John and Ian Blatchford who all worked hard to create chances, but ball retention and accurate passing became difficult as the opposition closed down attacks. Chances were therefore limited for veteran forward Jack Steer, well supported by Ross Allen and 12 year old Matthew Hibbert who both worked hard to improve the situation Bridgend had far more of the attacking field position in the second half as they began to recover the form of late, and were unlucky to concede a late goal.

Bridgend Ladies – 0
Haverfordwest – 4

An excellent effort from the ladies 1st XI with a final score that did not reflect the girls hard work and strength. The first half saw a number of shots on goal, unfortunately none making it past the Haverfordwest  keeper. A strong mid field including  however meant that the attack remained robust and at half time the team were only 1-0 down. A determined and focused team came back fighting in the second half, the defence worked the ball well around the pitch with some key tackles from Liz Pearce and Rachel John, but the team had to accept defeat at the final whistle with a score of 4-0.
Bridgend Ladies – 1
Whitchurch Saints 4ths – 3

No Comments

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.